Do you want to lose weight? But you feel confused which program should be chosen because there are currently many weight management program available in the market. Do not be fooled when it comes to weight management program because you must carefully evaluate to find the right one for you. One should choose a weight management program that will help you lose weight safely and maintain weight in the long term. A successful long-term weight management program should focus on overall health and not just reduce calories.
Before starting a weight management program, you should remember the following points that a safe and effective weight management program should include:
The weight management program should be carried out under the supervision of a medical expert. Your nutritionist will take your detailed medical profile. Based on that you will establish a realistic weight loss goal for you. Everyone has their own metabolic rate and weight loss rate so that people can not compare their results with others.
2. Adjusted diet planning
Each body is unique and has a different genetic makeup, so your weight management program should also be based on your lifestyle and the unique needs of your body. Your diet should provide a variety of foods and should be easy to follow.
3. Specific exercise regime
We are not all created equal and there are not two equal individuals; Because each body is different, your exercise needs are also different. Your consultant should plan specific exercise routines for your needs and lifestyle.
4. Flexible and fun
Your program should be based on your lifestyle and your food preferences (including the foods you like and the ones you do not like). The diet should have variety, cover all food groups and give fullness.
5. The weight management program is a lifestyle change
For long-term weight loss, you must make some permanent changes in your eating habits and exercise patterns. The weight management program is designed to guide you on the correct eating habits due to help you lose weight gradually.
6. The program should provide strong follow-up and monitoring to keep it on track.
Successful weight reduction requires permanent changes in your eating habits and physical activity. This means that you must find a weight loss approach that you can adopt for life. Combining a healthier diet and increasing activity is the best way to lose weight and maintain it in the long term.
Best Weight Management program
Best-selling weight management program has many testimonials and many people have had success with them. The key is to find the right one for you. The fact that another person is successful does not mean that he does it or that the program is right for you. Remember that this is not just about what sounds good at the beginning. It’s more about what you think you can keep long term, especially if you weigh 200 pounds or more and you have a lot of weight to lose.
We review 3 best-selling weight management program and rate them according to reviews. We consider the pros and cons of what is good and what is not so good about each one. This is also not a “trend” diet because most of it is already there for years!
1. Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers has been around since the 1960s and is the best selling weight management program on all the lists that exist. The U.S News and World Report awarded Weight Watchers as the best weight management program in 2016. Most Americans use Weight Watchers services to lose weight. Weight management program on Weight Watchers adjust to your needs and conditions. Uniquely, with a balanced program, you can eat what you want.
- They allow you to eat whatever you want because the whole system is based on what they call SmartPoints. They will give you nutritional advice, but if you really want junk food included in your calculations, it’s okay to eat it.
- This program encourages portion control, which is a large part of your diet. They encourage you to eat at home and cook so that you have more control over what you put in your body.
- They also have an extraordinary support system, with group meetings held directly and online.
- They want you to have a weekly scale, which according to some dieters is disappointing. Some also found that the lack of dietary restrictions makes it very easy to cheat and feel good.
- Because you calculate the points of most of the foods you eat, you may have the same feeling of counting calories for some people.
See Weight Watchers here.
2. Jenny Craig
The Jenny Craig program claims that their weight management program is the most effective and certainly suitable for you. Their program is quite fast by utilizing the innovative science of Circadian Rhythm, which was awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology / Medicine. The way that Rapid Results work is to restore the ability to burn fat in your body.
The latest nutritional research shows what you eat and when you eat both contribute to weight loss. Rapid Results was created weight management program based on this revolutionary research. Rapid Results will maximize the benefits of the ability to burn your body’s natural fat, as a result you will lose weight faster, plus your consultants completed a comprehensive new training to provide excellent weight loss guidelines to get results.
- They take all the guesswork of eating because they really do everything for you, except to heat food and push forks in your mouth. The total calories per day range between 1200 and 2300, depending on the size and level of your activity.
- Have a weight loss coach with whom you can talk on the phone or directly who is usually the person who successfully crosses the program. They help you achieve your goals and know how you are when you slip.
- The parts are small, and the calories are usually between 200 and 300 calories each. Although the quality of the food is good, it is not fresh because it is frozen.
- My biggest problem with this program is that it does not include suggestions to learn to cook in a fresh way. You do not learn how to really change bad eating habits and form better relationships with food when ALL is done. This is a great concept of our 21-day Fat Loss Challenge because this is what helps you maintain long-term weight and make better decisions when you’re with friends, eating out, etc.
- Jenny Craig is also expensive. With food prices ranging from $ 15 to $ 26 per day, and that does not include membership fees.
See Jenny Craig here.
3. The Mayo Clinic Diet
The Mayo Clinic Diet has a different approach to weight loss. They provides a long-term weight management program. The Mayo Clinic Diet designs its programs to reshape your lifestyle. They adopt healthy new habits and remove old habits that are not healthy. The goal is to make simple and pleasant changes. This will produce a healthy weight that you can maintain for the rest of your life.
- It’s all in the diet and online books. You do not have to worry about anyone relaxing your neck about your food choices or escalating. You can go at your own pace.
- The Mayo Clinic’s weight management program is about fresh foods. They feel that you can eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to your liking. They have created a “healthy weight pyramid” due to provides clear guidance for making good dietary choices.
- There is no local support, but they have weight loss applications and online communities. You alone with this one
- This program has much less support and your own speed often does not work for many people. Most people know “what to do”, but they need strict guidance on “how to do it”. If it’s you, this may not be ideal for you.
See the Mayo Clinic Diet here.
I believe that the three weight management programs above will provide the best for you, but if you just want to lose a little weight or just want to get the ideal body shape, we provide the guidelines here.